Your organization spent months archiving, refining and testing your business continuity plan. No doubt it is amazing, with a great deal of stone solid disaster recovery measures and wonderful documentation for getting back on course following a meltdown of significant systems. But, there is one element that may sink your lovely plan before it ever gets an opportunity to shine. It’s not fire or tsunami, it’s varying levels of end-user frustration, apathy, and general ignorance.
What are the 5 reasons they don’t care?
- They do not have any concept that a strategy exists.
- They do not know the significance of “disaster”
- They are creating new places for business-critical data outside of the strategy.
- They were not even considered in the strategy.
- They have their own tragedy in the home.
Get the answers to these questions by downloading our white paper with best practices to help you.