List of the Best Managed IT Solution Providers in Chicagoland
Trying to decide on the right managed IT service providers to consider for your organization? We understand that this is no easy undertaking.
If you’re like many small and medium-sized companies, you may have realized there’s no feasible way to develop an in-house IT staff. The cost to hire, train, and manage experienced technical employees is unreasonable at your current size. So, here you are, researching your alternatives and seeking the best option for your business.
Even though we at Core Vision deliver custom IT solutions and expertise to clients, we know there are hundreds of other managed service providers to choose from. That’s the benefit and curse of living in a large metro like the Chicagoland area. And we also know that we’re not always the best fit for everyone, so we want to help you find the right partner – whoever that might be.
Because we believe it’s important for you to choose the option that best fits your needs, we’ve compiled a list of the top 5 managed IT service providers in the Chicago metro area, with a focus on those that cover the suburbs.
So whether you’re in Waukegan, Elgin, Oak Brook, Woodstock, or other Chicagoland locations, we want to help you narrow down your choices and provide a solid list of potential providers to consider.
Top 5 Managed IT Service Providers in Chicago
- LME Services
- TeamLogic IT
- Middleground Technologies
These Chicago-area managed IT service providers were selected based on factors such as experience, local ownership, industry specializations, appropriate business services, and partnerships. We sincerely hope this information serves you well in your search for a partner.
Use this resource to launch your next steps, and be sure to read through the Checklist for Selecting Your Managed IT Provider further down in the article to help select the best provider for your needs.
Launched in 1994, LME Services provides cybersecurity, data protection, help desk services, cloud solutions, network engineering, and productivity design. They have locations in Schaumburg, Hoffman Estates, Palatine, Arlington Heights, and Elgin, catering to the IT needs of Chicagoland businesses from various industries. Some of their professional partnerships include Microsoft, ConnectWise, Rackspace, IBM, and Trend Micro.
TeamLogic IT operates locally in the Chicago area and is part of a nationwide franchise network. They offer IT management expertise in a range of industries, including healthcare, legal services, insurance, construction, manufacturing, and non-profit. Supplemental IT and complete outsourced service offerings range from cybersecurity and business-grade backup to disaster preparedness and mobility services. They have established partner relationships with companies such as Kaseya, Sophos, Microsoft, and Dell.
Founded in 1998, HigherGround is a full-service IT and consulting firm working with entrepreneurs and leaders of small to medium-sized organizations. They offer managed services, on-site technical support, remote monitoring, and management. They also provide project-based hardware and software solutions through partnerships with Microsoft, Cisco, and Lenovo.
Since 2002 Infiniwiz has been delivering IT support services and consulting solutions to large and small companies in Chicago, Schaumburg, Rosemont, and Rolling Meadows. They are focused on providing managed IT, cloud solutions, VoIP phone, and IT consulting to accounting firms, healthcare organizations, manufacturing companies, and non-profits. They maintain partnerships with vendors such as Zayo, Microsoft, and QuickBooks.
Founded in 2010, Middleground Technologies is a full-service provider in the Chicagoland area offering managed IT, cloud services, cybersecurity, VoIP, servers, help desk, data backup, technology support for office moves, and vendor management. They cater to organizations in the healthcare, legal, engineering, manufacturing, and financial industries. The staff holds professional certifications from leading hardware and software providers, including Cisco, Dell, IBM, HP, Apple, Microsoft, and VMware.
Selecting Your Managed IT Provider
With some of your options on the table, the next step is to take a closer look at each provider’s strengths, specialties, capabilities, and values. As you do, be sure to assess how they stack up in terms of the following categories:
- Security. Do they have the knowledge to protect your business from the growing cyber threats? This includes multi-level protection for your network, servers, data backup system, email, cloud storage, and all the other components needed to make your business run smoothly.
- Proactive Management. Verify that they are providing true system monitoring and maintenance that includes intelligent look-ahead capabilities to find issues before they become critical. This is crucial to protecting you from business financial losses due to application outages, email and communication delays, lost client records, and other issues that could have been avoided.
- Business Continuity. Does the provider have the systems, processes, and expertise to properly protect your data? This includes recovery from both common events like file or email recovery, to major system events like ransomware attacks or hardware failure.
- 24×7 Monitoring. Will the provider have the methods, means, and staff employed to monitor your network 24/7 and provide remediation to issues? Many issues arise outside of normal business hours, so addressing these issues before your staff arrives for work the next day is imperative to keep you productive.
- Strategic Guidance. Does their service include regular communications with you and your management team to understand your business goals and challenges?
- Pricing Flexibility. Will they provide flexible pricing options for IT support that can align to your organization’s needs and budget?
As you consider the full range of quality managed IT service providers in the Chicago area, be sure to include Core Vision’s purpose-driven IT solutions. We work primarily with businesses in the west and northern suburbs, so extending out from downtown through Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry, and DeKalb counties.
No matter what decision you make, we’re happy to be a trusted source of expertise and information. We’re passionate about leveraging our business and technology experience to deliver the practical guidance you need to maximize your technology investment.
As you get closer to the decision-making stage, arm yourself with even more valuable information by reading How to Choose a Managed IT Provider: A Checklist for Businesses.