Step 2 – Competitive Bidding
FTo initiate the E-rate process with USAC, start by filing Form 470. This lets vendors know that you are applying for E-rate and provides the opportunity for them to place competitive bids. You may choose to include an RFP (Request for Proposal) with the 470 that provides greater level of detail about your requirements.
- File Form 470 via the EPC portal (https://portal.usac.org). Starting with funding year 2016 (beginning July 1, 2015), you are now required to file Form 470 via EPC. Paper applications are no longer accepted.
- For more information about this step: http://www.usac.org/sl/applicants/step02/default.aspx
- Follow instructionsclosely to ensure the form is filled out accurately to avoid processing delays
- In section 10 of the 470, you will need to provide the equipment and services information determined in Step 1.
- Include an RFP with your 470 application if you are submitting one
- Ensure sufficient time is allocated during the 28 days for walk throughs if requested, RFP response review, and bid evaluation
CVITS SPIN –